Monday, February 1, 2021

51. Trial. Notes

T.1.

Daniel 7:13
In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

T.2. Some have become entangled on whether cock crow was an idiom for an official time signal (hour-glass?). I doubt it. Most likely Jesus knew in the Spirit that a cock would be within earshot. Have you ever been awakened near dawn by a rooster? These birds often crow more than once.
T.z1.

Zechariah 11:12-13
12 And I said to them: "If you think good, give me my hire; and if not, forbear." So they weighed for my hire thirty pieces of silver.
13 And Jehovah said to me: "Cast it into the treasury, the goodly price that I was prized at of them." And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them into the treasury, in the house of Jehovah.

T.y1. Antipas was a nickname. Formally, his name was Antipater.
T.w1. Pilate, being quite familiar with Jewish culture, may have been evoking Deuteronomy 21:1-8, which prescribes handwashing in the case of a murder when the killer is unknown. The elders of the city nearest to where the corpse is found must wash their hands, declaring, “Our hands did not shed this blood.” (We may fairly assume that any man who lied during such a ritual would have been marked by Jehovah for punishment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

https://youtu.be/cYgIt9Wx1cE?si=XvXpdljrMJefTXCJ